The office administrator role is responsible for the Pahrump Valley Chamber of Commerce's
front office administration, responsible for bookkeeping/payroll processing and management of
all financial records and budget preparation, customer relationship management (CRM)
software (ChamberMaster), and serves as the face of the Chamber, responsible for greeting and
managing guests and members at the main entrance of the office and for operating the
telephone system. This position performs a critical function in providing accurate, timely
information to Chamber members and to the general public. And for providing administrative
support to the Executive Director and other responsibilities as assigned.
Front Office Administrative Support:
- Perform receptionist duties, including greeting guests and answering incoming telephone calls
- Provide necessary support to Chamber members and guests in a professional manner
- Develop a strong understanding of the Chamber membership benefits to better answer and disseminate related inquiries
- Maintain knowledge of Chamber events, programs, and other information to successfully manage incoming calls
- Maintain reference materials and identify new business information sources from other agencies, governments, or private sector firms.
- Monitor and update Chamber membership records as appropriate
- Prepare mailings of monthly invoices and statements to Chamber members
- Compile and prepare reports, including monthly attendance records for Chamber programs and events
- Maintain an understanding of the Pahrump area, businesses, and organizations in order to correctly direct related inquiries
- Meeting setups (arrange tables, setup audio visual, and copy meeting documents)
- Provide support to Chamber staff by managing the creation of accurate statistical and analytical reports and data files
- Ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive and privileged information
- Assist with Chamber events, as needed
- Responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll biweekly, financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, taxes, receivable and general ledger. Advanced experience with Quickbooks and working in the nonprofit setting. Preparation and maintenance of all financial reports and budgeting.
- Proofread and review for accuracy all new member records and update as needed
- Process new memberships as well as cancellations
- Maintain and manage committee rosters and activities in ChamberMaster
- Design and prepare dashboard reports for Chamber sales personnel and management
- Create membership lists to be used for membership retention and marketing efforts
- Input and update events and member program information such as sponsorship logos, pictures and content daily into ChamberMaster to be displayed on Chambers website
- Work with ChamberMaster data to ensure Chamber membership profiles have all appropriate marketing data such as websites, keywords and company descriptions
- Serve as the Chamber's subject matter expert for ChamberMaster and manage the relationship between the Chamber and ChamberMaster
- Train Chamber staff on all ChamberMaster processes and features to include the implementation of database standards and procedures; and maintaining the integrity of the database through regular audits
- Provide support, as needed, in the compilation of data and report analysis of new business prospects
- Some college experience (bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred) and/or 5 years’ experience as an office administrator or manager or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Advanced proficiency with Quickbooks and accounting practices required, data base management (ChamberMaster preferred) Microsoft Office Suite. HTML/CSS and Photoshop helpful, but not required, webpage and facebook management experience preferred
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork; analyze and solve problems; organize and coordinate; foster a cooperative work environment; and maintain efficient office work flow.
- Ability to grasp and learn new software and procedures quickly
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask to meet strict deadlines
- Self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a courteous and professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required, including creative problem-solving abilities, dedicated to exceptional member and customer service
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Be able to anticipate needs and problem solve
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. HTML/CSS and Photoshop helpful, but not required
- Flexibility in responding to a busy work environment and an organization that serves as the concierge for the communities it serves.
- Fund raising, economic and community development knowledge is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time, some flexible hours for special events or membership related meetings
Reports To: Executive Director
Application instructions: Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references to
Jenney Sartin, Executive Director, Pahrump Valley Chamber of Commerce, email resume to Jenney@Pahrumpchamber.com. Position is open until filled.